Student Profile: Moriah Austin-Brantly

Senior Moriah Austin-Brantly poses in front of the auditorium, where S*T*A*G*E productions are held.
Courtesy of Julieta Gozalo-Michaud

Senior Moriah Austin-Brantly is one of few students in the Theatre Honor Society (THS). To be inducted into THS, an actor or actress must have participated in four shows of WJ as part of the stage or crew. Austin-Brantly made her S*T*A*G*E debut in “Pippin” in her freshman year, and continued to be involved in WJ productions throughout her three years of high school.

“Theatre Honors Society represents the leadership of S*T*A*G*E; it represents people who have committed their time to this group,” said Austin-Brantly. “I looked up to the seniors who were in THS, because I feel like they were the center of S*T*A*G*E.”

Since she is the only lead officer in THS, most of the responsibilities fall onto her.

“As president, I am in charge of coordinating and organizing all of THS activities, which include mentoring new members of S*T*A*G*E, freshmen or otherwise, and trying to reach out to them, and get them involved in S*T*A*G*E,” she said. “We’re also planning a trip to New York this February for the members. And we’re going to plan a coffee house, which THS will sponsor for the entire school. ”

In her previous years, other THS members mentored her with the theatre process , and helped her through the show.

“They were such good leaders, and they helped me get through the process,” she said. I admired them and looked up to them, and they inspired me to be a THS member.”

Austin-Brantly is excited to be help the new members of S*T*A*G*E, and looks forward to the school year with her fellow actors, and wants to get more people involved in theatre.

0
0