Serving Up a Storm: Sophomore Volleyball Player Halid Hamadi

This season, sophomore middle hitter Halid Hamadi takes his place center stage, or center court in his case, for the boys volleyball team. Hamadi has been playing the sport for two years, starting here at WJ last year.

While most people who play sports came home  from school one day with a flyer for the local rec leagues and begged their mom to let them play, Hamadi’s road was quite different.

“[Alum] Henry [Tollefson] saw me on the way home from school and basically [made] me come play on the last day of tryouts last year,” said Hamadi.

At 6-foot-3, Hamadi has the size and length to dominate the middle of the court this season. And even with the loss of Tollefson, Hamadi still feels that the team will do well.

“We lost a really good hitter, and a really good back row player, but other than that we should still be good,” he said.

In the team’s first two games, the boys routed both Northwest and Whitman, sweeping all three sets in both matches.

In the game against Northwest, the boys overwhelmed their opponents with their size at the net, and swept all three sets with scores of 25-6, 25-9 and 25-6.

“First game was good,” said Hamadi. “Everybody played well. It was a good way to start the season.”

During a match against Whitman, the team played extremely well again, with scores of  25-7, 25-8, 25-13.

The team’s next match is April 9 at 5:15 at Blair.

0
0