Live Music Wrapped In A Box

Nick Jonas is one of the many performers going to Hot 99.5s Jingle Ball.
From Flickr/Jennie Morie
Nick Jonas is one of the many performers going to Hot 99.5’s Jingle Ball.

With the winter holidays coming soon, many are wondering what to give their friends and family. Lucky for you, lots of major singers are coming to the metropolitan area early next year, so you can buy them tickets to go and enjoy a live show.

In a few months, Maroon 5’s world tour is going to reach D.C. They’re going to be presenting at the Verizon Center Mar. 2 of next year. Sophomore fans Tatiana Burgdorf and Victoria Rooke said they are ecstatic about this upcoming concert.

“I’m really excited for [Maroon 5’s] concert. I really want to see them again and this is their world tour,” said Burgdorf.

Maroon 5 has been around since 1994, and over the years, the band has gained many devoted fans.

“I really like listening to their music. There’s such a variety of music that they’ve written: love songs and other songs that just make you want to dance. I can’t wait to see them perform some of my favorites,” said Rooke.

Tickets are on sale now.

Coming a few days after Maroon 5 is newest pop diva Ariana Grande. who will be coming to the Patriot Center Mar. 17.

Freshmen Farzona Shukurova said that she can’t wait to see this rising pop star in a live concert.

“I’ve been waiting for her to come here for what feels like ages. I can’t believe she’s finally coming. She’s really pretty and she’s such a good singer; I don’t think I’m the only person who really, really, really wants to see her next year. It’s the thing I’m most looking forward to for next year,” said Shukurova.

The biggest upcoming concert to this area is Jingle Ball, which will include 11 artists performing live at the Verizon Center on Dec. 15. Chart toppers Ariana Grande, 5 Seconds of Summer, Iggy Azalea, Meghan Trainor, Lil Jon, Charli XCX, Kiesza, Rixon, Rita Ora, Shawn Mendes and Nick Jonas will all be in attendance. The show is expected to be huge and tons of fans are already buying their tickets to ensure a spot in the front row.

It would be a great way to spend time with friends and make memories with of loud, live music.

“I can’t believe so many artists are coming here at the same time,” said Shukurova. “It’s not everyday that a huge group of artists sing together around here.”

“I’m glad so many singers are coming. I really want to buy tickets and give them to my friends. Especially since I know how much they love some of these singers. It’s great,” said Rooke.

0
0