Donald Trump: The Modern-Day Nostradamus or Just a Dumba**?

Are YOU one of those idio-I mean, people who believes that all the snow that has recently pounded multiple states throughout the country disproves former Vice President Al Gore’s “global warming” initiative?  If you are, congratulations, you have the same opinion as the “esteemed” Donald Trump and Rush Limbaugh. (If you couldn’t pick up on my sarcasm on being associated with Trump and Limbaugh, you need help).

After major cities like Washington, D.C. received around 30 inches of snow and were shut down for an extended period of time, figures like Trump and Limbaugh publicly expressed their anger and dissatisfaction with Gore and his alleged “global warming theory.” 

Trump went as far to say that he wants the Nobel Committee to strip Gore of his Nobel Peace PrizeThe New York Post reports that the billionaire told a country club crowd of 500 that recent snow storms on the east coast prove that Gore is wrong about global warming: “With the coldest winter ever recorded, with snow setting record levels up and down the coast, the Nobel committee should take the Nobel Prize back from Al Gore.”

“The Donald” did not include Vancouver’s unseasonably warm temperatures and lack of snow in his weather observations. After last week’s record-breaking storms, many scientists went to great lengths to explain that the storms do not disprove climate change. Some even believe that climate change contributed to the storms.

Last Friday, another billionaire, Microsoft founder Bill Gates, went after climate change deniers and explained that climate change and carbon dioxide emissions pose a huge threat to people everywhere.  In 2009, Forbes ranked Gates as the richest American with a net worth of $50 billion. Donald Trump ranked 158 on the same list, with a significantly smaller net worth of $2 billion. 

Earlier this week, Limbaugh and other conservative commentators made light of the fact that the announcement of the creation of a new federal climate service on Monday had to be conducted by conference call, rather than news conference, because the federal government was shuttered by the storm.

To all of you doubters, it doesn’t look like we’re on the brink of global warming, but maybe just an ice age.  I hope you guys like the cold weather!

0
0