FC Barcelona Emerges Out of ‘El Clasico’ as First in La Liga

As I’m sure most of you soccer fans know already, FC Barcelona faced Real Madrid on Nov. 29 in the historic game entitled “El Clasico,” a game sure to be remembered for a long time to come.  Barcelona defeated their longtime rival Real Madrid with striking ease, putting them first in their league. The game ended in embarrassment for Madrid as Barcelona dominated 5-0.

Once the game started, there was little argument over how it would continue to go. Defensive midfielder Xavier Hernandez scored early in the game giving Barcelona the lead.  Soon after, forward Pedro Rodriguez received a pass from Hernandez and scored the team’s second goal. Later, forward David Villa entered and assured that there would be no question as to who would win the match. Villa scored two straight goals, leaving Madrid in the dust and Barcelona at 4-0. As the game was wrapping up, forward Jeffren Suarez finished the match with a goal in the 91st minute, which finished the onslaught that was “El Clasico.”

This match against Real Madrid only symbolizes the dominance that FC Barcelona now has over the league. The win over Real Madrid was just another notch in their belt. Barcelona currently has an 12-game win streak and they do not seem to be letting up. The team is doing a fantastic job of controlling the outcome of the game and not slipping up, giving them the wins they deserve.

The latest example of this domination was Saturday’s match against Osasuna where Barcelona continued its commanding ways, winning 3-0 with little trouble. The team brilliantly played with the same lineup as in “El Clasico.”  Two goals came from forward Lionel Messi and the other from Villa. Both Messi and Villa had amazing drives and finished their shots with swift aim.

The team’s star player, Messi, is leading scorer for the team with 15 goals and eight assists at this point in the season. He is only second to Cristiano Ronaldo with most goals in the league.  Ronaldo, a forward for Real Madrid, has scored 16 goals so far. Villa is also doing pretty well, with eight goals and five assists.  The team’s overall flawless strategy and offense demonstrates their reputation for being one of the best teams in Spain.

0
0