Restaurant Review: Carbón Peruvian Chicken & Grill

Photo Courtesy of Julieta Gozalo-Michaud
Chicken Sandwich with fries from Carbon.

Many students find themselves flocking to Chipotle for a quick lunch, or going to the Silver Diner with friends during the weekend, but there is an abundance of restaurants that most students are not aware of. Here are some restaurants in our area that are not regularly in the spotlight.

Pricing: $ to $$$$

Rating: * to ****

Carbón Peruvian Chicken & Grill **, $$
100 F Gibbs Street Rockville, MD 20850
Mon-Sat: 11:30 a.m.-9 p.m.
Sun: noon-8 p.m
This restaurant has a menu filled with different Peruvian dishes, including charcoal broiled chicken, chicharron de pollo, tamales and anticucho, grilled skewered meat. They also have sandwiches, which can be ordered with chicken, sirloin, pork or fish. If customers want dessert, they can choose Peruvian delicacies such as alfajores, flan or picarones. Alfajores are small cookies that are sprinkled with powdered sugar and filled with dulce de leche, a sweetened milk confection. Flan is a pastry that is very well known in Latino countries, consisting of custard covered in caramel. Picarones is a traditional Peruvian dessert consisting of sweet potato and squash fried in a donut shape, and covered in syrup. Drinks include chicha morada and Inka Cola, two very popular drinks in Peru, and papaya or strawberry juice. The food is fresh and according to natives of Peru, it has an authentic Peruvian taste. The employees are friendly and speak both English and Spanish, giving the restaurant an even more authentic Peruvian feel. The food is prepared quickly and can be ordered to go, or you can eat at the restaurant, while watching soccer games usually broadcasted on the flat screen televisions placed on either sides of the tables.

0
0