Top 3 movies to see in theaters in spring 2015

There are many different options for students to see in theaters this spring to relax.
Photo Courtesy of Flickr/ BOMBMAN

As the second semester progresses, many students quit focusing on schoolwork and start wishing for summertime. Going out to see a movie is an easy way for someone to either procrastinate studying and doing homework or to reward themselves after taking a monster AP exam. The Pitch Online compiled a list of popular movies to see in theaters this spring.

1. “Avengers: Age of Ultron”

Opens in theaters: May 1

In this sequel to the popular 2012 action and adventure movie “The Avengers,” Tony Stark, aka Iron Man, attempts to restart an inactive peacekeeping program. Unfortunately, not everything goes according to plan and a new villain named Ultron crops up for the Avengers to vanquish. The movie is sure to be captivating for fans of action and adventure films and Chris Pine.

2. “Pitch Perfect 2”

Opens in theaters: May 15

The long-anticipated sequel to the 2012 comedy “Pitch Perfect” is finally here. Beca and the rest of the Barden Bellas are back, and decide to enter an international singing competition that America has never won. As long as Aubrey doesn’t projectile-vomit again, the movie could be anywhere from good to awesome. Ladies and gentlemen, please fasten your seatbelts…It’s going to be an aca-mazing ride!

3. “Insurgent”

Opens in theaters: March 20

Beatrice “Tris” Prior’s battle against the forces of evil will continue in this sequel to the 2014 science fiction film “Divergent.” The quick turnaround in between movies- “Divergent” aired only last year- is refreshing, and one can only hope that the second movie paralleling Veronica Roth’s trilogy lives up to its name.

0
0