A letter to our past selves (pre-pandemic) #41

Dear me,

You should be in January 2020 if I am correct.

I just wanted to tell you some things that are coming.

There will be a dangerous virus coming worldwide, schools will close, people will get sick, grocery stores will be out of stock and people fighting for toilet paper. You won’t be able to come back to school for another year, as if. Your friends and yourself will have to quarantine for weeks and wear masks every time you go outside or around people. There will be a 6ft rule distance between you and the person next to you. Quarantine will be hard on you. I know you don’t like change. Your senior won’t be the one you planned to either. School will be online. No prom, no homecoming, no football games, no spirit week. None. Right now I am applying for cheer since the season reopened. You should maybe start practicing for it now because you will need it. Flexibility ain’t some great ability of us, yeah. Also one thing: live life while you can. Make memories, go out and have fun. At lunch with your friends, after school go to games and hangout with people. Hug your people and look at their smiles. It’s beautiful. I miss it. Now with masks, you can’t see past the eyes. Go outside as much as you can. Being stuck home all the time really sucks. It does get better. Mainly because you will get used to it after a while, no other choice really. During quarantine you will be going through different phases. The ‘baking’ phase, the ‘let’s get in shape’ phase, the ‘depression and sleep all day’ phase and many more. Enjoy them, they’re kinda fun. You will also go through deep stuff. Please reach out whenever you feel sad, don’t let it build up inside. It’s dangerous, we both know it. Reach out to your friends and check up on them. You never know what they might be going through as well. Take care of yourself. Love you lots.

Me, myself, and I.

0
0