Movie Review: Valentine’s Day

It’s safe to say that Valentine’s Day is exactly what everyone expected: a sappy and predictable movie that was mildly entertaining. This star studded cast includes Ashton Kutcher, Jessica Alba, Jessica Biel, Jennifer Garner, George Lopez, Topher Grace, Anne Hathaway, Queen Latifah, Taylor Swift, Taylor Lautner, Emma Roberts, Patrick Dempsey, Jamie Foxx, Julia Roberts and more. 

The movie is about multiple intertwined relationships that take place in Los Angeles including Reed Bennett (Kutcher) who proposes to the out-of-his-league girlfriend (Alba) who politely says yes.  There is also an anti-Valentines party which involves Foxx and Biel, Biel working for a P.R. firm who represents star football player Sean Jackson whose agent is Queen Latifah whose assistant is Anne Hathaway whose boyfriend is Topher Grace and on and on. And you think it’s confusing now.

It felt as if Pretty Woman director Gary Marshall had too much to work with, leaving audience members perplexed. If the movie had just half the amount of star power and half the plots, it is much more likely to be easy to follow and easy to fall in love with the characters.

All in all, Valentine’s Day is your run of the mill rom-com that has one too many plots.

0
0