• The Pitch staff is on summer break and will resume publishing in September
  • The first day of school is Monday, August 26
  • Have a great summer!

Billie Eilish: “Hit Me Hard and Soft” most viral tracks

Glenn Francis
Billie Eilish released her third studio album “Hit Me Hard and Soft,” on May 17. All 10 songs on her brand new album were able to make their way up into the Billboard Hot 100. (Courtesy Glenn Francis via Wikimedia Commons)

Billie Eilish has swam through different kinds of genres through her three studio albums consisting of about 33 songs. Eilish released her first single, “Ocean Eyes,” at only 13 years old in 2015, which blew up with over six million streams. This explosion in popularity was just the beginning of her music career. “Hit Me Hard and Soft” is Eilish’s third studio album which she just released this past May. During the first week of its release, her album gained over 500 million global streams, and three out of the album’s 10 songs made it in the top 15 on the Hot 100 list.

LUNCH
Out of Eilish’s 10 new songs she added to this album, this song made the highest ranking on the Billboard Hot 100 at number 10 with over 193 million views. This song’s meaning goes back to her sexuality and allowed her to open up through her words in this track. This song helped Eilish show the world who she is and conveyed her thoughts and feelings on this topic well. Overall, this song would earn a 7/10 rating because I liked how the melody and overall beat of the song was more upbeat than her usual music which stood out to me. The lyrics showing her opening up to the world, which is admirable as it isn’t easy to do.

CHIHIRO
This song was able to gain a good amount of publicity with 147 million views, and like every other song the lyrics hold a deeper meaning. This song shows how she feels lost and doesn’t know what the future will hold, and she dedicated this song to one of her favorite movie themes. Overall, this song would earn a 6/10 because although the lyrics showed some potential, the overall melody didn’t really align with my taste in music and didn’t really stand out to me.

BIRDS OF A FEATHER
This song has already made its way onto TikTok and has been blowing up across the platform, gaining over 170 million streams. The lyrics go back to a deeper meaning of friendship and give off a heartfelt message that talks about how people with similar interests are more drawn together and get along better. Overall, this song would earn a 7/10 rating because the melody and lyrics work well together to form a catchy song that many enjoy listening to on repeat.

1
0