New Bethesda Restaurants: Vapiano & Taylor Gourmet Deli

Vapiano Bethesda
4900 Hampden Lane
Bethesda, MD 20814  
Phone: (301) 215-7013

Situated in bustling downtown Bethesda, Vapiano has successfully re-introduced the cafeteria style eating experience. Forget the Styrofoam trays, mystery meat and say hello to stainless steel, wide varieties of gourmet meals and interesting, modern décor. The tables feature nature at its best as they are set with small trees, plants and herbs galore. Interesting? I think yes. Instead of paying at a cash register, Vapiano uses a card system where one scans for their meal when they order and then pays later when they are finished with their meal. The menu itself was mediocre at best, as it contained for the most part unoriginal Italian dishes. The execution of the food however made up for what it lacked in innovation.  The pizza was thin, light and crispy while still achieving the decadence which is necessary in any good pie. The pasta was clearly fresh and the other ingredients followed suit. The service was very good and the prices were fair.  All and all, the food was extremely delicious and the experience was altogether worthwhile.

7280 Woodmont Ave
Bethesda, MD 20814
Phone: (301) 951-9001

Just next door is Taylor Gourmet Deli, an upscale hoagie establishment, which uses the freshest of ingredients to create scrumptious sandwiches and other Italian commodities, such as pasta salad, which they call “pastina.” Taylor ’s, located in downtown Bethesda , presents a mixture of earthy wholesomeness and futuristic innovation through both their food and décor. Although the décor is minimalistic, the food definitely is not. The menu was extremely extensive to the point it was difficult to choose what to order because everything sounded wondrous. Upon ordering from a friendly cashier, my sandwich was created expeditiously, which is always important in the rush of everyday life. The unusual arrangement of flavors worked very well and made for a delicious meal. However, I felt the sandwich was poorly crafted and the bread was a bit chewy. Also, the whole thing was a bit sloppy; making eating it a bit of a challenge.  To accompany ones meal, Taylor offers a variety of sodas and other mixed drinks that are made with pure cane sugar as opposed to the corn syrup ridden beverages that today’s society is accustomed to. Potbelly’s should be worried because there is a new delectable sandwich shop in town.

0
0
$825
$1000