Josh’s Top 10 Songs of 2010

10. “Mine” by Taylor Swift

Swift’s sophomore album Speak Now was released Oct. 25. The first single entitled “Mine” was then debuted. Swift distinguishes herself from other artists with her gift of being able to tell stories of love and heartbreak, demonstrated in this uplifting track.

9. “I Like It’ by Enrique Iglesias feat. Pitbull

On his first bilingual album Euphoria, Iglesias brings this club-ready dance song, produced by RedOne. The song was put at number four on Billboard Hot 100 this past year.

8. “Airplanes” by B.o.B feat. Hayley Williams

Lead singer Hayley Williams of Paramore lends a hand to the chorus of this song with a powerful ballad about the desire to return back in time. Newcomer B.o.B goes further into the story about how he wishes that he didn’t have all the pressure of being a rapper and is sometimes overwhelmed by it.

7. “Need You Now” by Lady Antebellum

Country group Lady Antebellum won last year at the 2010 Grammy Awards for Best Country Performance for their song “ I Run to You.” They continue with their third album entitled Need You Now which is in fact the title of the first single. The song is about heartbreak and really needing someone in difficult times. The single soared in sales after the 52nd Grammy Awards, going to number two on the Hot 100.

6. ‘Only Girl” by Rihanna

Pop princess Rihanna returns with Loud after last year’s dark album Rated R. The fiery red-haired diva comes back strong with the heavy-beated first single “Only Girl (In the World).” Being nice and playful in the music video, we know Rihanna is back to her usual self.

5. “California Gurls” by Katy Perry feat. Snoop Dogg

Quirky and bubbly Katy Perry reigns again this year with the hot summer track “California Gurls.” The song is the anthem of the West Coast leading with Perry having fun in the sun and  a rap from none other than Snoop Dogg.

4. “Bad Romance” by Lady Gaga

People went gaga this year for the pop singer.  Gaga is a true monster with her ability to be sassy and sweet to being fierce and treacherous in any given moment with the first single from her rerelease of The Fame with The Fame Monster.

3. “Monster” by Kanye West feat. Jay-Z, Rick Ross, Nicki Minaj & Bon Iver

This rap battle gives each individual their own chance to prove themselves as a true rapper. With Kanye West leading the chorus, Nicki Minaj finishes off stealing the song. This was a popular single from West’s long-awaited new album My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy.

2. “Forget You” by Cee Lo Green

Mixed with the beats of the ‘60s and ’70’s Cee lo Green delivers his own rap in this track from his third studio album The Lady Killer.

1. “Love the Way You Lie” by Eminem feat. Rihanna

When rapper Eminem delivers, he truly brings it all, giving the audience an inspiring story about abuse and what it means to him. The sorrowful chorus is song by Rihanna who highlights this emotional yet powerful track.

0
0