Five Up-and-Coming Songs: October 2014

Fall is finally here and that means new music releases for the last quarter of the year. While it seems apparent that certain records will top the charts with contenders like Taylor Swift’s “1989” and Calvin Harris’ “Motion” being released, singles are not as easy to sell as a full albums.

We chose five songs, slowly crawling up the charts, that we think are going to be number one within months.

Avicii- “The Days”
The Swedish DJ/producer is back after a break in promotion and touring with the lead single from his new album, “Stories,” slated for a 2015 release.

Fergie- “LA.Love (la la)”
Blast from the past? Well, not so much. It has been a little under a decade since Fergie Ferg released her last single as a solo artist. She’s finally back with this smash produced by hip-hop artist, DJ Mustard.

Mary Lambert- “Secrets”
After gaining worldwide recognition due to her featured appearance on Macklemore and Ryan Lewis’ LGBTQ anthem, “Same Love,” Lambert is making an effort to work her way back up the charts. This time, as a solo act.

Kim Cesarion- “Undressed” (*explicit lyrics*)
European breakout Kim Cesarion’s song “Undressed” is known pretty much everywhere except the United States. Don’t worry, that won’t be the case for long.

Melanie Martinez- “Carousel” 
While singing competition “The Voice” succeeds in ratings, they have yet to produce a music hit-maker.  They might have finally found a star in season three finalist and fan favorite, Melanie Martinez, especially since the song has gained lots of traction from being featuring in an American Horror Story trailer.

0
0