NBC Casting New Show for Songwriters

NBC and the producers of the hit talent show “The Voice” are collaborating with Maroon 5 front-man and “The Voice” coach/judge Adam Levine, along with former Eurythmics front-man Dave Stewart to create a new talent show that features the songwriters in the music business. The show will be called Songland.

Levine has been in the music business for over 20 years now, starting Kara’s Flowers in 1994, which later became Maroon 5 in 2002 with the release of their debut album “Songs About Jane.” The band broke out with hit songs like “This Love” and “She Will Be Loved.” Levine recently created a new music label called 222 records that features Rozzi Crane.

Dave Stewart, 63, may be aging, but he is still working hard by collaborating on songs with Voice coach and producer Pharrell Williams, composer Hans Zimmer and Modest Mouse front-man, Johnny Marr.

According to their website, Songland will feature the songwriters in the music business and explain why they get paid millions for writing songs for other artists. The show is looking for the next big global smash of all genres from pop and rock to hip-hop.

Applicants must be 15 years or older as of Mar. 18, a US citizen, not be on a label or published and be able to relocate to Los Angeles for about eight weeks at an unknown time table. The Songland website says that it could be March/April or June/July/August. And of course, contestants must write their own songs.

Applicants have to fill out a form explaining their inspiration and why they write songs, what songs they write and tell an inspirational life story. Applicants also have to record an unlisted video singing their original  song, and explaining the inspiration of their lyrics.

More information is on the Songland website.

All songwriters are encouraged to come, from 15-95. If you are a songwriter here at Walter Johnson and want to compete against other songwriters to write songs in the music business, send your application today and prove you are the best songwriter in America.

4
0