Season 25 of ‘Dancing with the Stars’ kicks off

On September 19, Dancing With the Stars aired the premiere for season 25, complete with this season’s new and excited stars. Among some of the most famous which include Sasha Pieterse, most known for her role as Alison on the series Pretty Little Liars, Drew Scott from Property Brothers and Frankie Muniz from Malcolm in the Middle. The judges for the show’s 25th season include Carrie Ann Inaba, Bruno Tonioli, Erin Andrews and Len Goodman.

Twenty-one year-old Pretty Little Liars star Sasha Pieterse, is extremely excited to be participating on season 25 as she recently had to turn down a DWTS invitation due to filming and because of her notorious role as Alison DiLaurentis Pretty Little Liars influenced how her dance duo is going to look and what they’re going to be called.   

“Our team name is the ‘A Team’ because, hello! I’m like, we’re gonna do this. We’re gonna get that Mirrorball,” Sasha Pieterse said in an interview.  

Fans excitedly waiting to hear what name the pair was going to give to themselves and if they were going to pay tribute to Pieterse’s previous role. The duo decided to give fans exactly what they wanted and incorporate Pretty Little Liars into the very face of their team.

Pieterse and professional partner Gleb Savchenko have so far performed a Cha Cha during week one, receiving a total score of 18 out of 30 possible points. While not the lowest score of the night, they were close to the bottom. Luckily for them, however, they are currently still safe for now.  

Fans are also anxiously waiting to see how TV realtor Drew Scott is going to hold up on the show with no experience doing anything besides real estate. Luckily, he has had some previous karate training when he was a kid which he hopes will help give him some kind of an advantage. A challenge for this duo is the extreme height difference between him and his partner Emma Slater, who stands a whole foot shorter than him.  Nevertheless, the duo has high hopes, considering Slater was last year’s mirror ball winner with Rashad Jennings.   

“I am so excited to see him on the show, I love watching Property Brothers and he is so funny and fun to watch. I think that he is actually going to be really good,” sophomore Allie Rothman said.  

Another highly anticipated contestant is Barbara Corcoran, 68 years old, from Shark Tank. She is an entrepreneur in New York and is paired with Professional Keo Motsepe. Her very first performance was the lowest of the night, scoring a 14, but she was not deterred, still smiling and appreciating the moment. The road to learn her dance was a hard one, however, considering she is the oldest celebrity on the show at the moment and has never done any dancing in her life.  

“I spent today three hours in practice and learned exactly three little steps and there’s roughly 80 steps in a dance and I have two dances to turn out Saturday. So, needless to say, I had a [melt] down,” Corcoran said in an interview.

Season 25 is definitely going to be an exciting one, and the viewers will have to vote to keep their favorite stars in and wait to see who will claim the 25th mirror ball.  

0
0