Previewing April’s hottest new film releases

Missing Link was released on April 12. It is inspired by the Bigfoot urban legend.
Photo courtesy of imdb.com.

Spring is on the horizon, and while warm weather and blooming flowers are always eagerly anticipated, this April, will also bring some big name movies. Many critically acclaimed movies are set to be released, in a variety of genres, allowing for the viewing pleasure for any type of person.

Shazam!
Shazam! is perfect for the watcher who enjoys superhero movies, but not the complicated story line that accompanies a Marvel movie. Starring Zachary Levi, the movie is focused around Billy Barton, a 14-year-old boy who can turn himself into not only an adult, but a superhero as well. The film hits the big screen on April 5, when viewers can watch Billy face off against his main villain, Thaddeus Sivana.

Avengers: Endgame
Arguably one of the most anticipated movies of the year, Avengers: Endgame is the final movie in the Avengers series. With every new trailer garnering millions of views, both loyal fans and light Marvel watchers are eagerly waiting for April 26. All of the Avengers, who fans may or may not have followed for years, are coming together to see if they can pull off one more great save of the universe and defeat Thanos. After the tragic end to Avengers: Infinity War, with at least half of them either dead or turned to dust, fans have yet to see how many avengers are left standing after their final battles.

Missing Link
While Missing Link is sure to be a hit with viewers of all ages and preferences, it is going to do very well with the light hearted audience who just wants a feel good movie. Hugh Jackman is the voice behind Mr. Link, the eight-foot tall Bigfoot who wants to come out of hiding and experience life. On April 12 viewers can head down to theaters for a fun, animated movie.

Pet Sematary
Not for the faint of heart, this R-rated movie is appealing to horror fans. It is based on Stephen King’s book “Pet Sematary.” The movie stars Jason Clarke and Amy Seimetz, who play a couple that has just moved to a rural town in Maine. They quickly realize that several burial grounds lie within close proximity of their new home, causing very strange occurances. The film releases on April 5, and Stephen King fans are sure to be pleasantly scared.

0
0