Upcoming movies to look forward to in 2024

“Joker: Folie à Deux” is scheduled to be released in October of this year. The movie is a musical, starring Joaquin Phoenix and Lady Gaga as the Joker and Harley Quinn.

Inside Out 2
Many of the original legendary cast returns for “Inside Out 2,” like Amy Poehler, Phyllis Smith and Lewis Black. Pixar was praised for the original movie because of its creativity and exploration of adolescent mental health. The new movie continues inside the head of the young girl, Riley, as she gains a new emotion, anxiety. The film is scheduled to be released on June 14.

Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga
Anya Taylor-Joy stars as Imperator Furiosa in the prequel to “Mad Max: Fury Road,” one of the most thrilling action movies in recent years. We will see the origins of the warrior and the beginning of her journey back home in the apocalyptic wasteland of Australia. “Furiosa” is scheduled to be released on May 24.

Dune: Part Two
Timothée Chalamet once again stars in the sequel of the film adaptation of “Dune,” a 1965 science fiction novel by Frank Herbert. The second part was planned to be made as long as the 2022 film was well received. Florence Pugh and Christopher Walken join the cast along with a few others, while some are reprising their roles, such as Zendaya, who plays Chani. The movie is scheduled to be released on March 1st, with a lengthy runtime of over two and half hours.

Nosferatu
Set for the end of 2024, director Robert Egger’s fourth feature film is a remake of the 1922 German film of the same name. Egger is a relatively new director but has exploded onto the film scene with his three first films. “Nosferatu” is a vampiric horror story based on the novel “Dracula” by Bram Stoker, and this remake will star Bill Skarsgård, Nicholas Hoult and Lily-Rose Depp.

Mickey 17
Director Bong Joon-ho switches genres back to science fiction in the next film since his acclaimed 2019 thriller “Parasite.” “Mickey 17” is a science fiction thriller about the colonization of an ice planet, based on a 2022 novel by Edward Ashton. Robert Pattinson plays Mickey, an “expendable employee” who is the leading character. Originally set to release March 29 of this year, its release has been moved back to allow for final touches.

Joker: Folie à Deux
The sequel to “Joker” will be a musical, coming as a surprise to many, including myself. “Joker” actor Joaquin Phoenix isn’t a stranger to singing, however, as he played Johnny Cash in the 2005 biopic “Walk the Line.” The sequel will feature the Joker’s time in Arkham Asylum as he forms a relationship with the notorious Harley Quinn. Quinn will be played by Lady Gaga, who will definitely be crucial for the musical.

Despicable Me 4
Scheduled for July, this next “Despicable Me” movie will be the fourth in the series, not including the two “Minions” prequels. The story will again follow Gru, played by Steve Carell, along with his family and the notorious yellow Minions, but the specific plot is currently unknown. Despite being another remake, “Despicable Me 4” should be a good summer movie, and will invoke nostalgia for many, returning to the world of the Minions.

0
0