“Anyone But You” the newest rom-com starring Sydney Sweeney

Courtesy Vanity Fair
A still of Sydney Sweeny & Glen Powell starring in ‘Anyone But You’, the latest rom-com to hit theatres.

“Anyone But You” is the latest rom-com to hit the theaters, starring Sydney Sweeny and Glen Powell. The movie follows sworn enemies Bea (played by Sydney Sweeny) and Ben (played by Glen Powell), who have to attend a wedding together while faking a relationship. The movie was filmed in Australia with director Will Gluck and grossed over $126 million worldwide.

The film begins in a coffee shop in Boston, where viewers are first introduced to Ben and Bea. The lovers have an instant connection and hit it off, but shortly after, they fall apart and distance themselves from each other after a misunderstanding. They aren’t apart for long however, as they both have to attend the same wedding and be in each other’s presence, which leads to conflicts and annoyances for everybody involved.

Coincidentally, they’re stuck in the same house and have to live together for the duration of the wedding, which is not only awkward, but also uncomfortable, and leads to a lot of bickering between them. As one can imagine, putting two people with a history of conflict can lead to many inconveniences. In order to prevent the continuous fighting, the others who are attending the wedding with them believe that it’s time for the two to form a real relationship and to try and undo the miscommunication that occurred between them. Obviously, this doesn’t work but because of personal reasons, like both Bea’s and Ben’s ex partners being present at the wedding, and everyone in the house wanting them to form a relationship, they decide to fake a relationship, which turned out in a way that transformed into something real. With so many hidden and deep feelings still stuck in both of them, a real attraction sparked and the two started to see each other.

With that being said, the film has the perfect amount of romance and jokes attached to it whilst moving the movie forward in a more mature way unlike many other rom-coms. The chemistry Sydney Sweeney and Glen Powell had with each other made the film even more entertaining to watch, and added more life to the characters the two played. Before the film even premiered, the two main stars have been caught in many dating rumors because of how good their chemistry was in trailers and interviews, which resulted in much more traction for the movie and the two actors. With how many positive reviews and press the film is getting, it’s safe to say that this will enhance Sydney Sweeney’s reputation as an actress as she is still relatively new to the acting space.

1
0