Grammys recap

The music industry came together on February 4, 2024 for the 66th Annual Grammy awards. As A-list celebrities strut down the red carpet showing off their crazy sparkly outfits, fans and paparazzi go crazy over seeing their favorite celebrities get rewarded for their life’s work. From show-stopping performances to genuine acceptance speeches, the Grammy stage was set for the show.

People enjoy watching the Grammys for many different reasons from the nominated artists down to the unique outfits. The part that most people enjoy about the Grammys is watching their favorite artist walk across the stage to claim the trophy they worked so hard for.

Throughout the years, many artists like Taylor Swift, SZA, Phoebe Bridegers and more have won multiple Grammy awards. For the 2024 Grammys, Phoebe Bridgers won 3 awards for the categories of Best Rock Song, Best Pop Duo/Group Performance and Best Alternative Music Album.

For Album of the Year, there were many nominees from Olivia Rodrigo and Lana Del Rey to SZA and Taylor Swift. Swift’s album Midnights was named album of the year making her the only artist to win four album of the year awards for her albums Midnights, 1989, Fearless and Folklore.

“I’m not the biggest Taylor Swift fan but honestly good for her because I think she deserves it. I was rooting for her,” junior Kaina Sy-Savane said.

For song of the year, Billie Eilish claimed her second song of the year Grammy for her song “What Was I Made For,” which was part of the Barbie soundtrack. Although there were many good nominations for this category, she was able to steal the show and claim her Grammy.

“I think that’s kinda valid that she won, to be honest,” junior David Kashlinsky said.

There were many fine nominees under the category of Best New Artist including Noah Kahan, Gracie Abrams and Ice Spice but Victoria Monet was able to win her first Grammy under that category. Along with that, she claimed two more Grammys that night for best R&B Album and Best Engineered Album, Non-Classical.

“I think Noah Kahan deserved best new artist because he’s really grown in popularity in the past year and he really deserved it but I think everyone who won did deserve it,” sophomore Sasha Rotton said.

0
0