Queen of Rap vs. Thee Stallion

The pronounced Queen of Rap, Nicki Minaj, released a single titled “Big Foot,” seemingly in response to Megan Thee Stallion’s track “Hiss,” released on Jan. 26. Nicki Minaj’s song was released only three days later, but she had already previewed most of the song’s lyrics on Instagram Live and X (Twitter) over the weekend.

Their friendship began in 2019 when they collaborated on the song “Hot Girl Summer.” They praised each other and even went on Instagram Live together. Things started to get a little shallow between them after Megan collaborated with Cardi B on the song “WAP” in 2020. According to the Forbes article on Megan Thee Stallion and Nicki Minaj, Megan denied the collaboration with Cardi B which changed her relationship with Minaj, and the two rappers reportedly unfollowed each other on Instagram months later. When 2022 rolls around, Nicki is pregnant, Megan and Nicki go on to live together, and Megan keeps on offering alcohol to Nicki while knowing of her pregnancy, causing more of a split between the two.

Megan Thee Stallion recently released a new song called “Hiss.” The song’s lyrics convey a message to her haters to back off, and many listeners believe she is taking a jab at rappers, including Pardison Fontaine, Tory Lanez, Drake, and Nicki Minaj. Although Megan barely mentions Nicki Minaj in the song, she talks about Nicki’s husband, Kenneth Petty, who has a criminal history and is a registered sex offender. In the diss towards him, Megan says: “These h–s don’t be mad at Megan, these h–s mad at Megan’s Law.” Megan’s Law is a statute that provides information about registered sex offenders.

Nicki decided that she was not going to take the husband’s slander. In reply to “Hiss,” Nicki Minaj took to social media to attack Megan, accusing her of lying about getting shot in the foot by Lanez. In her song “Big Foot,” she insults Megan’s height, the shooting incident, and her rap flow, even mentioning Megan’s late mother, who only died in March 2019. Nicki goes after Megan’s throat, yet even after all this, Megan has yet to respond.

The Barbz and Hotties have gone neck to neck, but Megan Thee Stallion‘s “Hiss” reached the No. 1 on the multimetric Billboard Hot 100, marking this female rapper’s first solo No. 1.

2
0