• The Pitch staff is on summer break and will resume publishing in September
  • The first day of school is Monday, August 26
  • Have a great summer!

Up at bat: How do students feel about the mask mandate being lifted?

• “I disagree with it because we are still in a pandemic and people are still getting covid but I also agree with it because people have had to deal with masks for a long time now and a lot of people are fully vaccinated and boosted.” -Pearse Worden, 9

• “I think it gives people options and that then people who have options are able to do what they feel is right for them, so it’s like a personal decision. My personal reason is I have asthma and I have trouble breathing, with covering my face so this helps.” Kelly McDonnel. security

• “This is like a cycle now. Every time COVID cases go down, they take off the mask mandate and the cases go back up. I think we should have masks on for a little more because this is the global pandemic we are talking about. I just hope we are not stuck in this cycle again. -Ayasya Bose, 11

• “I agree with the new mask optional policy because we are just getting back to normal and it had to happen eventually and the cases are going down so I think it was safe to take it off.” -Andrew Schell, 12

• “I agree with it because I think people should be able to choose if they want to mask or not like COVID cases are going down so I think its the right decision.” -Adam Pyott, 10

3
1