Remodeling our wardrobes: welcoming autumn’s arrival

Maayan Keren
Sophomore Sophia Koushan scrolls through the Brandy Melville website looking for new clothes to buy. “I love ordering clothes off the Brandy website because there are so many options to choose from,” Koushan said.

As the leaves start to change colors, so do wardrobes, bringing a season of cozy sweaters and fashionable boots. Fall is not only a time for Pumpkin Spice Lattes but it’s also a transformation in the fashion world. Through earthy tones and bold patterns, Fall promises a diverse and exciting range of options for those who are looking for a fashion change. Many are getting ready to step into the season with style and confidence.

This time of season, shopping is a delightful opportunity to welcome the changing of seasons and to express many personal styles. There are many options regarding which stores are recommended to buy clothes from as the cooler season approaches.

“I shop for a lot of basics, I get those from pretty much any basic chain like Forever 21 and H&M. I buy a lot of denim too, so Wrangler or True Religion are two of my top brands. I like shopping at Urban Outfitters too,” freshman Emme Gunther said.

If you don’t feel like going in person, there are many online options as well. Many stores have websites where you can order clothes you find online and have them delivered to your house. Browsing online for clothes gives many a wider variety in finding their unique taste in clothes.

“I shop online a lot on Depop. You get to talk to the sellers and ask questions about the items you want to buy, which is really nice,” Gunther said.

As it becomes chillier outside, more stores have the opportunity to expand their clothing lines. Even though Fall is a great opportunity to convince your parents to buy you new clothes, part of the need to buy new clothes is the weather that comes around as the year nears the end.

“I love it when it’s chilly but not windy, [but] leaves will always be the best part of fall,” sophomore Marcus Fahie said.

Shoppers are seeking out unique pieces that align with their personalities. Fall shopping isn’t just about updating a wardrobe, it is an invitation to embrace the changing seasons both through nature and fashion. The changes in weather allow for more options when it comes to piecing outfits together.

“I love the weather changes in Fall. It becomes cooler and I am able to put more outfits together,” sophomore Sophia Koushan said.

The fall season allows for more creative freedom for many and puts them in happier spirits as leaves morph into vibrant shades of red, orange and yellow. The cooler air reemerges as we transition from the hot summer days into Autumn, allowing us to start wearing warm sweaters and scarves.

“I think Fall is the best season in terms of the aesthetic and it’s really fun to match the vibe,” senior Max Khatchadourian said.

0
0