Junior Tianhao He Published in Concord Review

The model student’s outstanding resume just got better. Junior Tianhao He was recognized in the April edition of the Concord Review for his essay on Alexander Hamilton.

The Concord Review is a magazine that publishes history essays on various topics by high school students. He was among the 11 students who were recognized in the publication, with topics ranging from the Christianity in Korea to the Pullman strike of 1984. The Concord Review was established in 1987 and has since been a quarterly journal publishing more than 890 essays, each averaging 5,500 words. Submissions are received from all over the world, reaching 42 states and 37 other countries and many go on to attend distinguished colleges such as Oxford, Harvard, Princeton, Yale and Cornell. 

He was exhilarated to even be part of such an enriching experience. He happened to find out about the competition via internet and found it interesting, he said. 

“The Concord Review provided a great opportunity for me to combine my passion for writing with my interest in history,” He said.

He came to choose the topic Alexander Hamilton during his year taking AP U.S. History with Nathan Schwartz.

“[Hamilton] was a fascinating historical figure whose contributions to America in its formative years were absolutely monumental,” He said. “What made his tenure as the first Secretary of the Treasury even more interesting was that his contributions were not limited to the economic realm, but also had political and social implications as well.”

He also felt connected because his passion coincided Hamilton’s lifetime’s work.

“I personally have a strong interest in economics and political science, and so researching Hamilton was a very fun experience.”

He asserted that such skills will help him in the near future, such as writing college essays and other banalities.

“From this experience, I expanded my intellectual horizons and honed my writing and research skills.”

0
0