Meet the Candidates: SGA Vice President Q&A

Pitch Online reporter Ian Green spoke with SGA Vice President candidates Bokai Roberts, Josh Brenits and Gavin Kaplan to find out a little more about their goals.

Why are you the best candidate?

BR: I’m the best candidate because I have the drive to get the job done whatever it may be. My qualifications lie with my time as a Minority Scholars Leader and member of WJ S*T*A*G*E, both of which required my utmost dedication.

JB: I’m the best candidate because I can connect to all the students at WJ and really get to know everybody in the school. I will make it my top priority to ensure a fun and spirited school year next year, and to keep our current Mad Cow traditions alive. I’m qualified for this position because I have experience as the class president of my elementary school, so I know how to lead a student body.

GK:  … we need qualifications?

What puts you above your fellow candidates?

BR: What puts me above other candidates is my social connections with various types of people and my communication skills.

JB: My work ethic, passion and red hair puts me above my competitors. I will work hard every single day in order to make next year awesome for the students of WJ, and I will invest myself completely into the position of VP. My red hair makes me unique and easily accessible to social groups, because everybody wants to talk to a “Ginger.” I am also the only candidate with the ability to grow facial hair.

GK: My hair definitely adds a couple of inches, but I’m pretty sure Josh is still taller than me.

What inspired you to run for SGA?

BR: What inspired me to run for SGA VP was a desire to be the voice of the average student at WJ.

JR:  I have close friends in both the SGA and class officer positions this year, and I have seen the work they put in to keep the extra-curricular events at WJ running, and I would love to be a part of that. I want to be able to make the 2011-2012 school year as great as it can be, and I believe that I can listen to the students’ ideas and incorporate them into events next year.

GK: Tristan Plunkett. I just really want to be Tristan Plunkett.

What are you involved with at WJ?

BR: I am currently involved with the Minority Scholars Program at WJ. This is my first year as a leader. Earlier in this year I was part of WJ S*T*A*G*E* spring musical, “Pippin.”

JB: I have been a part of both the boys basketball and swim and dive teams at WJ, and have enjoyed every minute of both. I also am a member of the National Honors Society, and will be a member of Student Leadership next year.

GK: I’m very involved with WJ S*T*A*G*E and Daily Lineup. I’m also part of the Forensics Team. We solve crimes and stuff. It’s pretty neat.

What do you want to accomplish? What are your goals?

BR: As SGA Vice-President, I hope to raise the sense of WJ pride and school spirit. My goals include promoting students to clean up after themselves at lunch in order to keep our school clean and increasing participation of underclassmen.

JB: My main goals are to keep the Wildcats happy and make sure that everybody at WJ feels like they are represented in the SGA. I want to ensure that next year the Homecoming video is the best and funniest yet, sports games have the same amount of intensity, Spirit weeks are better and more original than before, and that everybody feels like they have a leader in the SGA that they can talk to. Basically, I want everybody to feel like they have a friendly, strong, and sociable leader who cares about what they have to say, who is funny and committed to his position.

GK: I’m sure many of your readers will agree with me when I say that this school is starting to look a little dingy. One of my goals as SGA VP is to completely renovate the school and turn it into a more modern center of learning.  But in all seriousness, I promise the student body a great homecoming video, entertaining pep rallies, and a fantastic year. If there is anything more to be done, go ahead and tell me, because I would love to help in any way I can.

What do you want the voting public to know about you?

BR: I feel the voting public should know I put my effort into what I do and I stick by my word no matter what. Also they should be reminded of my work outside of school such as my volunteer work or the occasional parties I help organize.

JB: I want the public to know that if elected, I will take every step possible towards making the next school year the best any of us have ever had. I hope to ease the transition out of Dr. Garran’s leadership, and plan to build a bronze statue in the courtyard to commemorate him. I am strongly invested into my campaign for SGA VP, and all of my passion and desire will transfer over to the job itself if I am given the chance. Anybody who wants to talk can approach me in the hallways, and I’ll always be willing to chat. A vote for me is a vote towards an awesome year next year, and just remember, I give great government.

GK: Well, first of all, I want to know something about the voting public. Which one of you put up those signs saying not to vote for me? For the rest of you, please don’t listen to those flyers. That’s stupid. Umm… other things about me… I wear a size 12 shoes (men’s), I have three pet rocks (Tuts, Sunshine, and Galactus, Devourer of Worlds), and I like long walks on the beach. I am also willing to work for you, WJ. If you elect me VP, I promise I will do the job, and do it well. Also, cheese machine.

0
0