Upperclassmen embark on ski trip

Mont+Tremblant+twinkles+in+the+sunlight+on+a+bright%2C+winter+day.+WJ+students+traveled+to+the+mountain-side+town+rto+partake+in+three+days+of+skiing+and+snowboarding+among+their+peers.+Photo+courtesy+of+Wikimedia+Commons.+
Mont Tremblant twinkles in the sunlight on a bright, winter day. WJ students traveled to the mountain-side town rto partake in three days of skiing and snowboarding among their peers. Photo courtesy of Wikimedia Commons.

Sam Falb, News Editor

Late January at Walter Johnson brings about the end of the academic quarter and semester alike, but in recent years it’s also brought about a yearly trek for WJ students to the Canadian slopes. About thirty students annually pack their bags and brave the hours-long bus ride to a lodge on Mont Tremblant in the province of Quebec.

“Whether you are a seasoned and experienced rider or just beginning on the slopes, there is something for everyone. With tons of trails and two huge sides of the mountain, you are sure to have a blast spending the days hitting the slopes” trip-organizer Ski Travel explains on their website.

Students begin their journey by boarding a coach bus at WJ on January 25th. When they reach the resort in the city of Mont Tremblant, they’ll stay in slopeside condos in town and spend three days skiing the nearby mountain.

When they’re not skiing, students will be able to entertain themselves by exploring the scenic town with friends. Night activities will include snow tubing, ice skating, and freestyle snowboarding and ski sessions.

“I’m really excited. It’ll be cool trying out the new trails and seeing somewhere I’ve never been before,” junior Drew Weintraub said.

The resort property includes 94 trails at 3,001 foot elevation and two snowboard parks. The trip will take place from January 25 to January 29. No school will be missed and students will be able to enjoy a brief ski vacation before hitting the books once again.

1
0