2019-2020 SGA and class officers elected

Photo by Judith Altneu
Students watch SGA candidates speeches to decide who they want to represent them next school year. Results were shared on social media shortly after school on May 31.

Students elected new SGA and class officers for the 2019-2020 school year on May 31 during 7th period Wildcat Wellness and had to re-vote for class officers because some of the videos had technical difficulties in the junior and sophomore class elections. Students originally voted for class officers on May 30.

Next year’s SGA officers include President Jacqueline Moss, Vice President Teddy New, Secretary Austin Mucchetti and Treasurer Gwen Rodriguez.

“One of [my ideas] is to make an amazing Homecoming video that each grade loves. I also want to bring together all of the grades so that we can become close with one another to make the best high school experience for every student,” newly elected SGA President Jacqueline Moss said.

Moss will be WJ’s first ever female SGA President.

The winners for senior class officers are President Colleen Besche, Vice President Kayla Kahrl, Secretary Declan Stablow and Treasurer Leah Bregman.

“I’m really excited for next year. I met up with my [fellow] class officers, SGA officers, and leadership. I can tell that we are dedicated to make next year one of the best years WJ has ever had and we have a lot of great ideas to make it possible,” incoming senior Secretary Declan Stablow said.

The sophomores elected Hunter Park as president, Konchok Chophel as vice president, Malhaar Nair as secretary and Tatyana Ramirez as treasurer for their junior class officers.

“I’m excited to represent my class and make the year fun! I really want to make our homecoming hallway memorable and hopefully win,” incoming junior class treasure Tatyana Ramirez said.

Lastly, in the elections for sophomore class officers, the freshmen elected Jakob Sandberg as president, Batchimeg Sukhbat as vice president, Will Gardner as secretary and Grant Mateo as treasurer.

1
0