Marvel Vs DC shouldn’t be a debate

Photo courtesy of pxhere
Marvel and DC are massive media franchises mainly focusing on superheroes. Fans have been debating which one is better especially with the new content from both parties.

Comic books have been a part of our entertainment culture for over a century now. Since then the industry has only grown bigger and still to this day continues to take over. With the modern adaptation of comics into movies, the industry has become one of the most prevalent in years. Marvel and DC being the most prominent in the comic industry hold some of the biggest fanbases in the world. Both have a similar form of content but in their own ways, they are significantly different. These differences make fans wonder which one is the more superior and that originates the preference of Marvel Vs DC.

Marvel Vs DC is a growing argument that debates on which one is better. Both companies have been around since the 1930s. They have released numerous comics, shows and movies which are the base of debate.

Let’s get something straight, Marvel is better. With all the iconic movies and the new shows, Marvel is constantly releasing quality content. But it has its ups and downs and so do DC films. Just to make it clear I do not dislike DC, I actually really enjoy it, I just think Marvel is better. Especially with the consistency and the amount of good content we are getting it’s hard to say DC is better, for now at least. This is a constantly altering opinion of mine. I was recently contemplating that DC might actually be better until I saw Spider-man: No Way Home. There was not a doubt in my mind after the movie that I truly love marvel, but I also know this opinion will change once the new Batman comes out in March.

Marvel has been on a “no miss” run recently; the Disney plus exclusives, the phase four movies and all the projects they are working on right now. DC seems to be more focused on movies lately and when it comes to DC shows, let’s just say they don’t make too much noise.

Marvel gave us Black Widow, Shang-Chi and the Legends of the Ten Rings, Eternals, Spider-man: No Way Home, WandaVision, The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, Loki, What if…? and Hawkeye all in a single year. DC gave us The Suicide Squad and Zack Snyder’s Justice League. Incredible movies from both DC and Marvel, but quality and quantity both go to Marvel.

This year DC’s lineup is something I’m greatly looking forward to, especially The Batman. People are excited to see this new version of Batman played by Robert Pattinson and what this movie brings for DC. They also plan on releasing Black Adam starring Dwayne Johnson, The Flash, Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom and more. If DC does it right they can have a great year in their franchise. With movies like Thor, Doctor Strange, Black Panther and shows like She-Hulk, Ms. Marvel and Moonlight Marvel is on a whole nother level. DC would really have to astonish the audience with their lineup this year if they want to compete with marvel.

The public will consume any form of entertainment given to them. How they feel about the content is totally up to them. What you enjoy is also up to you since movies are subjective. Whether it’s from DC or Marvel, both franchises are looking forward to a packed year. DC will start us off with The Batman and Marvel will follow that up with the release of Morbius and Doctor Strange. From the looks of it, Marvel could once again have a better year than DC.

1
1