• The Pitch staff is on summer break and will resume publishing in September
  • The first day of school is Monday, August 26
  • Have a great summer!

WJ Girls Soccer takes on Clarksburg High

• Senior captain Sydney Stein takes on a 50/50 ball against her Clarksburg opponent. Stein fought well and won the possession for her team.

• Senior captain Sydney Stein gathers the team together during a injury timeout. Sophomore Marina Thorn expresses her opinions on how they could do a better job of attacking the open areas of the field.

• Junior Mwisala Lupunga-Phillips approaches her pregame high-five with Coach Kinnetz. Every player gives Kinnetz a high-five or fist bump before they join their teammates in the middle of the field.

• The girls run towards the sideline after the commencement of the national anthem. This short sprint back to the sidelines gets them hype for the game to begin.

• Headed by senior captain Charlotte Thomas, the team gets ready to do their pregame handshakes. These handshakes have been a tradition for girls soccer that will continue to be passed on.

• Juniors Caroline Williams, Emily Roberts and Alyette Fialon are bonding before warm ups begin. They have been friends through soccer for many years, growing both on and off the field together.

• From left to right: sophomores Anna Zucconi, Adena Nielson, Quinn Garrett, Marina Thorn, Emily Akpebu, Federica Gavelli, Irene Sánchez Burgueño pose right before they begin their warm ups. These sophomores have all been key contributors to the success of the wildcats thus far.

• Sophomore Marina Thorn waits for her turn during shooting lines. Even as a young player, Thorn has contributed throughout the season with multiple goals and assists to her name.

• Senior captain Charlotte Thomas puts on her warm up jersey before prepping her skills before the game. Thomas has been a key line of defense for the Wildcats this season.

• As part of their pregame handshake, juniors Emily Roberts and Isabella Mondelli shoulder bump to hype themselves up before the game. They have done this before every game this season.

• From left to right: Senior captain Emma Kothari, junior Caroline Williams, sophomore Adena Nielson, freshman Maya Panicker are looking out onto the field as their teammates prevent a scoring opportunity. They are eagerly waiting their return to the field after a short break.

0
0