Leading to Success: Junior Lacrosse Player JP Brennan

After a superb 9-2 regular season last year, the boys lacrosse team carries that desire to win this year. This past and future success would not be possible without junior attacker JP Brennan.

A year ago, Brennan was third on the team in goals with 23, and tallied 10 assists as an underclassman. This year, Brennan is in a major leadership role, as he assumes the position of co-captain of the team.

“[This year,] we need to focus all season, hope for wins and just keep on working,” said Brennan.

The team has struggled in the postseason as they have failed to get past the third round of the playoffs for three straight years.

“Our goal this year is to win regionals,” said Brennan.

Junior attacker Colin Dabney also sees how Brennan can lead the team.

“He always knows how to finish,” said Dabney. “He always finds the open man.”

After high school, Brennan will have the opportunity to play in college at the Division I level if he keeps his work ethic up and has the desire to play at the collegiate level.

“I’m thinking about it but I don’t know if I want to do that yet,” said Brennan.

The team is already off to a great start, topping Poolesville; however they team will be tested today as they try to avenge a Wootton squad, a team who defeated the Wildcats 9-8 a season ago.

0
0