• The Pitch staff is on summer break and will resume publishing in September
  • The first day of school is Monday, August 26
  • Have a great summer!

Art students display “Junk Bots” in media center

• Work by Imran Hussien, 11 Work title: Kareen Bartholomew “Kareen Bartholomew is a very beautiful swordsmen. He is 204 years old. He never lost a battle. He has been fighting since he was 3 years old. Everyone is afraid of him. He sleeps with his sword every night.”

• Work by Kate Gramlich, 9 Work by Cheery Chelsea “Chelsea is a very happy girl all around. One thing she loves is wearing skirts, and she loves fringe. Also, she gets pretty tired sometimes, so sitting on a stool makes her extra happy.”

• Work by Kira Rose, 9 Work title: Row Row Row Your Bot “Row Bot loves taking his paddle board out in the Bay and going for a long ride. The bright blue water clams him as he moves swiftly across the water. He’s a bit of a loner so he is usually seen without any company while paddle boarding. His favorite time to paddle board is during sunrise and he will paddle far out into the water to just sit there watching the bright sun arise.”

• Work by Joseph Flynn, 10 Work title: King Fisher “He is a historical fisher with a 1,600 pound bluefin tuna catch. He has many lores in his tackle box and a strong fishing pole.”

• Work by Nicolas Chhina, 10 Work title: Steve “Steve is an Arizona can. He is very surprised because he just found out he is going to be a father, he is built from the leftovers of unwanted materials. He has no special powers and is addicted to Arizona.”

• Work by Carol Li, 10 Work title: Wocket pretender “Wocket’s name originated from a stuffed Wocket plush from the Dr. Suess books that he bought at Kohl’s many years ago. From a young age, Wocket has always idolized the Wockets in the books– so he decided to impersonate one by dying his hair red and pink just like his Wocket plush. Wocket made good friends with the donkey that pulls the cart, as the donkey is impersonating a horse. They became close because they are both pretenders.”

• Work by Dylan Stumpe, 9 Work title: imp head “He is the imp pitcher he may look a little funny but he will strike you out in a second. He has a 105 mile pitch.”

0
0