• The Pitch staff is on summer break and will resume publishing in September
  • The first day of school is Monday, August 26
  • Have a great summer!

Comet Ping Pong intertwines pizza, paddles

With colored light bulbs and checkered tablecloths, Comet Ping Pong provides indoor and outdoor seating, both with romantic atmospheres. (Courtesy Comet Ping Pong)

How do you decide on an outing? Do you center it around food? Around an activity? Around a craving or a vibe? Whichever way you decide your outing, Comet Ping Pong serves each of those categories. If you decide based on food, Comet serves delicious, unique pizzas made in wood-burning ovens. If you decide based on activity, Comet offers two: table tennis and live bands.

Located on Connecticut Avenue, Comet Ping Pong differs from other restaurants with its concrete walls and look-alike ping-pong tables which guests can eat off of. Its bathrooms, hidden behind secret panels, are decorated with stickers that advertise local bands. With romantic lighting and quiet chatter, Comet serves as the perfect place for a date, birthday or family outing.

Guests crowd around the table tennis tables after dinner. With two ping pong tables available, wait times to play are short, allowing many guests to play both singles and doubles. (Courtesy Comet Ping Pong)

Moreover, with $19 tickets, Comet showcases a variety of live bands such as Flowerbomb on Friday June 14 and Bed Maker on Saturday June 22. Additionally, after guests have eaten, they are invited to play table tennis on the two tables located in the backside of the restaurant. With free paddles and balls, Comet is the perfect place to show off your table tennis skills.

The menu features unique but tasty starters, such as fried pickles and meatball sliders with garlic knot buns. For those of us who are gluten-free or simply not in the mood for pizza, they have a variety of salads, like Caesar and Pistachio and Mozz(arella). Now, for the star of the show: the pizza. Comet provides the option of making your own pizza on a red (tomato), white and green (pesto) pie. They offer every imaginable topping, from ham and pepperoni to potato and goat cheese. For their house made pizzas, the Little Mac Burger Pizza and the El Camino are definitely the most interesting. The Little Mac Burger Pizza combines burger with pizza seamlessly, featuring melted onions, garlic, cheddar cheese, ground beef, lettuce and their secret sauce. The El Camino, served on pizza dough, features ground beef, black beans, cream, cilantro and lime salsa, creating a taco-pizza meal. If you are more of a traditional pizza gal, they also have the Veganista and the Jimmy (meatball) pizzas.

On the table tennis dining tables, two hot, delicious pizzas, The Smoky and The Hottie, are served by Comet Ping Pong for guests to enjoy. (Courtesy Javik S.)

Comet Ping Pong is the perfect punk-grunge restaurant, combining entertainment with food perfectly. Next time you’re craving a slice and a fun activity to share with friends or family, make sure to check out Comet Ping Pong.

0
0