Ho-Jung Yang: Becoming Part of WJ One Team at a Time

Though she is relatively new, Yang has already integrated herself as  part of WJs academic teams.
Photo by Leila Siegel
Though she is relatively new, Yang has already integrated herself as part of WJ’s academic teams.

For most students, transitioning to a new school can be difficult, and getting involved in extracurricular activities at a new school can be especially intimidating.

However, this is not the case for junior Ho-Jung Yang.

Yang transferred to WJ after her freshman year, during which she attended James Clemens High School in Alabama.

Though she has only been attending WJ for two years, she has already taken an interest in and participated in math and science-related activities.

Yang serves as one of the vice presidents of the math team, treasurer of both the Chemathon team and Science Olympiad, and is president of the It’s Academic team.

She enjoys learning new things and meeting new people through these teams.

“Learning about new stuff with people who are also interested is really fun,” said Yang.

She has been a part of academic clubs since she was in middle school, and plans on taking several math and science classes for the remainder of her time at WJ.  She hopes to continue exploring these interests in college.

“I haven’t decided [on my major], but [it will be] something in science,” said Yang.

She also would like to continue her activities at a college level if possible.

“Some of the teams don’t exist at college level… but things like It’s Academic, I’ll probably do in college,” said Yang.

0
0