Senior’s video lifts spirits

Senior+Gwen+Rodriguez+made+a+video+to+the+commemorate+the+Class+of+2020.+The+video+allows+seniors+to+look+back+on+their+senior+year%2C+which+was+cut+short.+
Photo courtesy of Gwen Rodriguez
Senior Gwen Rodriguez made a video to the commemorate the Class of 2020. The video allows seniors to look back on their senior year, which was cut short.

With the likelihood of students returning to school this year being pretty slim, many seniors have been reminiscing on the memories they made during their time at WJ. One senior, SGA Treasurer Gwen Rodriguez, took the time to make a video that the class of 2020 can look back on for years to come, showcasing the highlights of an eventful, memorable final year of high school.

The video, which is more than 16 minutes in length, features messages from each of the SGA and senior class officers, as well as one from class sponsor Laura Brager. Clips from different school activities such as pep rallies, sports games and Pennies for Patients events tie all of it together and make for a nice tribute to the class of 2020.

As Rodriguez knows all too well, the video was not made overnight.

“I started editing and compiling the videos in January, and finished it in April,” Rodriguez said.

Rodriguez was already filming videos during the year knowing that she was planning on using it for this video.

“I wanted to make a video that everyone could go back to and to commemorate our senior year.”

But with quarantine keeping all of us at home, now seemed like a better time than any to release it.

Senior Class Treasurer Leah Bregman was a big fan of the video and thought it represented the senior class well.

“I was amazed by how well it was all put together and felt that it was something that really showed off how great the class of 2020 is,” Bregman said.

Her favorite part was that at the end where there was a slideshow with every student’s senior class picture displayed.

“It just made everything feel very real,” Bregman said.

For now, seniors will have to wait to see how events such as prom and graduation will take place, but at least they can look back on the great times they had with this video.

0
0