Ask Ali: Dr. Grits Carren

Dear Ali,

I recently moved on from a job where, let’s face it, I was worshipped as a god. I was replaced by a “worthy” and “experienced” individual, let’s call her Bliss Maker. Now, Bliss is a lovely woman, but I’m pretty sure that the community does not accept her as they accepted me. It’s not her fault that she is not as ruggedly handsome or perfectly poised as I was. I mean, there’s a reason they promoted me. How can I help her obtain the same level of respect and adoration as I was given? Heroes are remembered, but legends never die.

Sincerely,

Dr. Grits Carren*

——

Dear Dr. Grits Carren,

That’s very kind of you to be so worried about helping your old community. I’m sure you were fantastic at your old job. However, it’s very possible that this Bliss Maker is actually very competent at her new job, and you are just coping with some separation anxiety. If you were worshipped in your old environment, your new environment is probably  just a tough transition, because you don’t have the same people supporting you without reservation.

I would make sure to check in on your new counterpart and give her advice, but I would not worry too much about her worth in the position. If you had anything to do with the choosing of your replacement, then I’m sure she is doing just fine.

Good luck with your new job and make sure to come back to visit soon.

Ali

*Any similarities to actual persons or places, alive or dead, is merely coincidental

0
0