• The Pitch staff is on summer break and will resume publishing in September
  • The first day of school is Monday, August 26
  • Have a great summer!

Audrey Ring’s Senior Reflection

Courtesy Lifetouch

It is true… time does fly.

As I sit here reflecting on the past four years of my life, one thing is abundantly clear: high school is a brief scene in the movie that is your life. While these four years can be filled with anxiety, pressure and mistakes, it is also a time for experiences and growth. I used to make fun of a close friend of mine for always saying to me, “Audrey, we live on a floating rock.” But, it’s true. His point being not to focus on the little things that will not matter in a few weeks. High school allows you time to figure out who you are and what drives you. Mistakes are a part of that process.

The best decision I made was joining The Pitch. I’ve always said that The Pitch is what you put into it. Stepping into room 193 has been the best part of my day for the past 3 years. I quickly realized that not only was journalism what I wanted to pursue in college but that The Pitch is a community of people who all come from different backgrounds but have one common goal. To my fellow Pitch staff and editorial board, you have made my high school so memorable. I will forever miss being a sports editor with Josh finishing papers at 12 a.m. due to their timeliness, Seyun micromanaging the whole staff, Ely telling me to stop singing, and Cecilia and Elizabeth always making me laugh.

Of course The Pitch would not be what it is without one amazing woman. To Mrs. Borrelli,
Thank you for always believing in me and having an open ear whenever I needed you. You’re the strongest person I know and I am so incredibly proud of all you have overcome this year. You have forever changed my life for the better and I am so grateful for you and all that you have taught me. Thank you for being me and Kiley’s “school mom” for the past eight years. Because of you, I think I am a better writer. Because of you, I know I am a better person.

0
0