• The Pitch staff is on summer break and will resume publishing in September
  • The first day of school is Monday, August 26
  • Have a great summer!

Seniors experience their last sports season

• Senior Zeke Ross is running in a meet and trying to pace himself so his team can win the competition. Ross’ reflection about bieng on cross country is ” Being in xc is all about being with your friends and pushing your body further than you think you can.”

• Senior Saftey Malcolm Mosby tries to cover the opposing teams reciever so that they do not score. Mosby has been on the football varsity team since middle sophomore year and his reflection on his experience is “ Being on the team has been my motivation for everything school related to be honest.” Football has been my passion since I was a kid and nothing makes me happier than being on the field.” “ My favorite moment was 100 when we beat BCC on their field in the playoffs.” Felt amazing to know that my class of seniors were the best football players in all of Bethesda.”

• Senior Matthew Eisenbrey tries to communicate with the team bench while on the field. Eisenbrey explains his WJ soccer experience by saying, “Playing for WJ soccer was an amazing experience.” “ Coach Hector and all the boys made this year special and although we didn’t get to lift a trophy at the end of the season, I wouldn’t change anything about the team and the time I had on the team.”

• Senior Rachel Reinhart tries to kick the ball towards her target to give her team the best chance of scoring. As her season ends she has loved her experiences of being on the team. As she explains it by saying , “ I loved playing soccer at WJ and I made so many memories from it throughout the year.”

• Senior Mia McPhee tries to use a move to effectively get past her defender. McPhee has been on the varsity field hockey team since sophomore year . As her last season in high school field hockey is ending McPhee explains her happy experiences with the team by saying , “Being a part of the field hockey team throughout high school has been the absolute best experience.” “ I’ve loved getting to know and playing with all the amazing girls over the past 3 years. Everyone was always so encouraging and supportive of each other which made practices and games always so fun and enjoyable.

1
1