• The Pitch staff is on summer break and will resume publishing in September
  • The first day of school is Monday, August 26
  • Have a great summer!

Track regular season ends in success

• (From left) Brandon Moon, Christian Bird, Barrett Zheng , CJ Newman, makeup this years B team 4×200 meter relay. The lineup has seen changes, however this group was set to compete during the Last Track to Philly.

• Senior captain Kiran Sen has been preparing all season to lead his team into the postseason. Here he is getting set to run the 55 meter dash at the annual Montgomery Invitational

• Sophomore Bella Relacion is one of a handful of underclassmen competing on the indoor track team. Looking to carry the torch next season, Relacion prepares to run the 55-meter dash in the annual Montgomery Invitational.

• Senior Mwisala Phillips has been reaching for sky all season. Here she was on her third attempt for triple jump, at Last Track to Philly. Phillips is also a sprinter.

• Track is unique to other sports as, although it is a team sport, it is made up of individual efforts and events. “Meets like these allow us to give everyone a chance to compete, it also helps people get additional times and attempts for a PR for the post season”, head coach Bryan Hoffman said. Here he was seen coaching pole vaulter Josh Hananel.

• Senior Leah Stievater glides over a hurdle at Last Track to Philly in the Hurdle Shuttle Relay. The events at LTP are a mixture of traditional events and fun events like race walk and the hurdle shuttle relay.

0
0