NHL Playoffs: Conference Finals

The NHL’s most shocking second round has concluded. The Eastern Conference is going to be represented by either a  No. 7 or a No. 8 seed in the Stanley Cup. The Western Conference is going to be represented by either a No. 1 seed or a No. 2 seed. Who will match up for the chance to bring home Lord Stanley?

Here’s who I predict will matchup in the Stanley Cup Finals this year.

Western Conference

No.1 San Jose Sharks vs. No.2 Chicago Blackhawks

San Jose Keys to Win: Shuffling their lines as much as possible. The Sharks have two of the league’s best centers, and to not use them all to their advantage as they have been would be a crying shame.

Chicago Keys to Win: Don’t wait until the very last minute of the game to get ahead. The Blackhawks have been relying on closing-minute goals to carry them through, and the Sharks won’t have any of it.

Prediction: Blackhawks in six. This young offense led by Jonathan Toews, and Patrick Kane, will skate right by the (too) seasoned Sharks.

Eastern Conference

No. 7 Philadelphia Flyers vs. No. 8 Montreal Canadiens

Philadelphia Keys to Win: Slowing down the Montreal offense.  Back up goalie Michael Leighton, although only allowing an average 1.11 GAA (Goals Against Average), is not experienced enough in the playoffs to carry this team alone. The Flyers defense needs to make sure the Habs get nothing easy.

Montreal Keys to Win: Goaltender Jaroslav Halak has single-handedly taken down the defending Stanley Cup champions, and is this year’s President trophy winner. He is the key, the lock and the door for this team.

Prediction: Canadiens in six. Halak is playing incredible; he has pulled his team through time and time again. The Flyers will not bring the same firepower into the rink as the Caps or the Penguins, and will provide minimal contest at best for the Habs.

0
0