Two graduated seniors killed in car crash

Photo courtesy Lifetouch
Graduated senior Jaidon Smith in his senior portrait. Smith and another WJ graduate were killed in a car crash on Wednesday June 9.

Two recent WJ graduates were killed in a car crash on Wednesday night. The crash occurred around 7:00 p.m. in Hardy County, WV. The heavy rain in the area may have contributed to the crash. Two other WJ graduates are seriously injured and in recovery.
The parents of Jaidon Smith, one of the students who was killed, announced on Facebook that they are establishing a scholarship program in his honor. The scholarship is intended to be given to one student in WJ’s GT/LD program each year. Smith’s funeral was held on Friday morning.
Principal Jennifer Baker sent out messages to students and parents about the crash in which she expressed her heartbreak and announced that counseling services have been opened to students. Students who would like to access virtual counseling can do so with this link at any point during the school day. They can also reach out to their counselor if they feel they need to talk to someone.

1
0