“Loki, Invincible” season two and more among stacked list of fall shows this year

Courtesy Wikimedia Commons
Tom Hiddleston as his character, Loki, at the San Diego Comic Con. The second season of the show “Loki,” on Disney Plus, has been a hit since its release (Courtesy Gage Skidmore via Wikimedia Commons).

Fans of shows across a number of genres can once again expect a steady flow of streaming content this fall after a resolution to the 148-day Hollywood writers strike. Some of these series have already been released, while others are still to arrive in the near future. Of this exciting catalog, here are five of the most anticipated shows that are either out now or coming soon and where to watch them.

The Continental: From the World of John Wick” is an action packed three part thriller set around the infamous but little-explored Continental Hotel from the John Wick movie series. Starring Mel Gibson and Colin Woodell, the crime drama explores how one of the staple features of this franchise established itself in the 1970s amidst historical events such as the economic influence of the American Mafia. The mini-series wrapped up its last part on Oct. 6, making the collection available to watch in its entirety on Peacock or Amazon Prime Video.

In a similar action-drama style with more sci-fi elements, the second season of “Loki” has continued where it left off in its cliffhanging season one finale. Short on hours and options, Tom Hiddleston as Loki, alongside Owen Wilson as TVA-agent Mobius, continue their journey across time and space to ensure the safety of the multiverse. Lucky for the many fans of the Marvel franchise, four of its six episodes are already released on Disney Plus, and the finale is set to release Nov. 9.

Speaking of superhero-themed season twos, perhaps no continuation to any show has been more awaited by fans than the return of “Invincible” on November 3. After two years of waiting and delays, fans will finally get the second season anticipated after the first one’s end in 2021. Voiced by Steve Yeun, teenage hero Mark Grayson will deal with the aftermath of the fallout between him and his alien father, Omni-Man, played by the equally famous J.K. Simmons. Like season one, the second season of “Invincible” will be exclusively available on Amazon Prime Video

Enjoyers of horror and literature were also spoiled this year by filmmaker Mike Flanagan’s “The Fall of the House of Usher.” The eight-episode adaptation of renowned poet Edgar Allen Poe’s original tale not only reimagines the original short story, but combines elements across different works of his in a modernized format to reach a new generation of gothic fiction fans. The revised plot follows Roderick Usher, owner of a corrupt pharmaceutical corporation in the year 2023, as his six children begin to die in succession. His rise to power and wealth is simultaneously explored alongside his sister Madeline through the 50s to the 80s. Those looking to indulge in this unique jem that wrapped up on Oct. 12 can find the show in its entirety on Netflix.

Last but certainly not least, fans of the AMC staple “The Walking Dead” have been blessed with a plethora of content both already out and soon to come in the near future. Following the release of the sequel, “The Walking Dead: Dead City,” this past summer came the second spin-off, “The Walking Dead: Daryl Dixon,” following the fan-favorite character played by Norman Reedus on his post-main-series journey into an apocalyptic France. Both shows have six episodes each, with the last episode of the Dixon show having aired on October 15, and are now available on AMC+.

0
0