• The Pitch staff is on summer break and will resume publishing in September
  • The first day of school is Monday, August 26
  • Have a great summer!

WJ reminisces on the silver linings of 2021

• Sophomore Viktoria Koch-Paiz spends quality time with her five year old horse, Grayson. “It was exciting to bond and train my horse and learn new things with him, even though it was difficult at times,” Koch-Paiz said.

• Freshman Ariana Mcintosh plays an escape room with a friend she met online. “I got to meet my best friend that I’ve known for four years in real life for the first time,” Mcintosh said.

• In an intense game of tag at summer camp, sophomore Rylan Stoner collides with a camp counselor, earning a deep gash. “Not fun at the time, but worth it for the scar,” Stoner said.

• Friends and juniors Gonzalo Martinez and Philip Kutcher support the varsity football team in the bleachers. They were able to hold WJ Baby, an informal mascot that has made multiple appearances at football games. “It was a fun experience holding the baby and taking a picture with it,” Martinez said.

• Teammates, friends and seniors Abby Calhoun and Emma Kothari celebrate after Calhoun scored her first goal of the season against Clarksburg High School. The goal was a memorable moment for Calhoun, as it was her last year on the WJ girls varsity soccer team.

• Tiffany Gibbs visits the Rio lakefront outlet with her friends for her 16th birthday. “I was surrounded by people I love and they made it one of my favorite birthdays,” Gibbs said.

• Pet guinea pigs Eugene and Garbanzo munch on a plate of vegetables, keeping English teacher Leah Reiter friendly company. Reiter allows her pets to roam freely, as they are pee-pad trained and easily bribed with food.

• Ian Matthews, language and composition teacher, enjoys a summer evening at the beach with his wife and dog (not pictured).

• Talented gymnast and freshman Kai Lawson exhibits a gold medal around his neck. In November of last year, Lawson won gold for performing on the trampoline at the world championships.

• Senior Sermad Bakhit and a group of friends enjoy Five Guys’ milkshakes at Ktown. “All my friends were there and I haven’t seen them in a long time,” Bakhit said.

0
0