Staff members thrilled for ‘Take your child to work day’

Photo courtesy of Cindy Campos and Melanie Schwed.
Guests Cynne’ Brown, D’Angelo Gaskins, Kelani Lawn, and Makayla Campos enjoy one of the may planned activities in the Media Center.

During this time of the school year, stress levels skyrocket within both the student body and faculty members. Providing an engaging day where families can spend time together on campus can alleviate increasing work stress.

On April 28, the campus welcomed staff’s children to join their parents while they worked. The school hallways were filled with laughter from staff and children, who were glad to spend the day bonding.

Older children helped their parents with the workload, and ‘saw them in action’ by truly understanding what their parents’ job consisted of. In the main office, kids could assist with emails or hand out Prom tickets. Children also bonded with both their parents and other visitors over planned activities and snacks.

“Everyone was very welcoming. It overall just felt good, like something that we really needed. It was a very exciting day to come back to some normality,” Administrative Assistant Cindy Campos said.

Chorus teacher Kelly Butler hosted singing activities in the auditorium and the orchestra played for the guests. There were games and doughnuts in the main office for families to enjoy as well.

After talking an reflecting over the busy day, both staff and children unanimously agree that it was a very fun experience and they would love to come back for another opportunity

The classroom work also occupied the time of the young visitors; many helped their teacher parents with passing out work, delivering papers or simply entertaining the students from a long day.

“I think it definitely broke a lot of stress for many. The smaller ones can be a bit more stressful. They get tired too, so it’s nice that so many staff members had many things that were available to us. I took [my child] to the art wing to see all the great art displays. In general, it was a fantastic experience, Ms. Baker opened the doors and was so welcoming, and it really just lightened the day,” Campos said.

5
0