• The Pitch staff is on summer break and will resume publishing in September
  • The first day of school is Monday, August 26
  • Have a great summer!

Food Trends class hosts chocolate themed bake-off

• WJ teachers and staff members who do not teach a first or second period were welcomed by the Food Trends students and teacher Connie Pokress to taste test the annual chocolate dessert competition. Students created a variety of different chocolate based dishes such as cupcakes, brownies and cakes. “[The desserts] are all good, some are better than others but they all did a great job,” security guard Roy Joyner commented. Photo by Sam Falb

• Junior Shayna Laine and senior Nico Wood get assistance from Pokress to help with their desserts. Laine was attempting to create a chocolate icing to cover her group’s chocolate cupcakes. Photo by Sam Falb

• The different student groups line up at their stations to make the finishing touches on their chocolate dishes. In the first period class Amelia Fink, Nna Oranuba, Patrick Rosenbaum, Tara Taj, Fernanda Thomazi and Leila Hamidi-Imani won. In the second period class Ethan Aronovich Jhon Arpon and Bvlgari Welch won. Photo by Sam Falb

0
0