Raquel Tolin’s senior reflection

Photo courtesy of Lifetouch

When I first walked through the doors of WJ, I thought my whole high school experience would be defined by academics. If I got good grades, I would be set for the future. Now, I’ve realized there’s so much more to high school, the most important part being growing as a person.

I’ve really enjoyed my time at WJ, especially because of the people I’ve met and the experiences I’ve had. My favorite part has been being a part of the track team, where I’ve met some of my best friends. I’ve also loved the overall feel of being at WJ, whether that be seeing familiar faces in the hallway, or daily commutes between classes with friends.

I haven’t been on the Pitch for very long, as I just joined this past semester, but it’s been great. Writing articles about what’s happening in the school has been a really cool experience, and has helped me get involved at WJ in ways I never thought I would. Mrs. Borrelli has been an amazing teacher and supporter along the way.

My advice is to embrace the moment, big or small. High school goes really fast, and you won’t want to forget the little moments that make it special. Also, know that messing up isn’t the end of the world. No one cares about your mistakes as much as you do. Being confident in yourself, no matter what happens, is key to success. High school is just a step in figuring out, and then becoming, the person you want to be. I have definitely grown as a person throughout my time in high school, but I also know there’s so much more room for me to grow in the future.

0
0