Girls Lacrosse concludes season with strong run in playoffs

Senior captain Ashley Smith runs down the field, looking to go on the offensive. Girls lacrosse is off to a great start in the playoffs, winning both games so far against Einstein and Churchill.

WJ girls lacrosse had a fantastic season, finishing 11-1 in the regular season, and winning two playoff games before having the season come to an unfortunate end against Whitman in the third round of the playoffs.

Throughout the season, the team was fantastic day in and day out. They won by at least seven goals in all of their games but two, those being the one loss of the regular season against Whitman and the matchup against Churchill, which they only won by one goal.

They finished up the regular season coming away with wins against Northwood, Quince Orchard and Magruder. They continued their hot streak with a win against Einstein in the first round of the playoffs by an outstanding score of 16-3.

Tensions were riding high during the second round of the playoffs against Churchill and it was a close game, but WJ came out on top, 10-8.

“We all felt nervous because we wanted to win so badly and we had the whole season riding on the game,” senior Lauren Danco said of the game against Churchill.

Going into the third round of playoffs, the team was wary of Whitman, having suffered their only defeat at the hands of Whitman earlier in the season. Much like the previous game, WJ put up a good fight but lost to Whitman by a score of 12-3.

Overall, the entire season was superb, and although it didn’t turn out quite the way they wanted, the team still feels good about the season as a whole.

“I thought the season was great and it was the best season by far. Our team chemistry has been great and our attitude towards every challenge has made us better as a group. I’m super happy with the way things turned out because I will always have awesome memories with everyone on the team and everything we’ve gone through has made us stronger,” Danco said.

After a magical season came to an unfavorable end against Whitman, WJ girls lacrosse will certainly continue to improve over the offseason to be even better next season and take home the trophy.

0
0