Ice Cats mid-season review

Junior+defenseman+Michael+Greene+starts+an+attack+during+a+game+against+Richard+Montgomery.+The+Ice+Cats+won+the+game+4-0+to+cap+off+the+2017-2018+season.+
Photo Courtesy of Michael Greene
Junior defenseman Michael Greene starts an attack during a game against Richard Montgomery. The Ice Cats won the game 4-0 to cap off the 2017-2018 season.

Despite a record high 5-1 start to the season, The WJ Ice Cats have lost momentum, losing their last three games placing them 5-4 and fourth in the division.

The Ice Cats are led on the attack by junior forward Quinn Mulligan who has seven goals and seven assists. On the defensive side, the Ice Cats are led by junior defenseman Michael Greene who has two goals and nine assists. With these leaders, they’re in good shape for the rest of the season.

“So far the season has been good. We’ve got a few important games ahead of us that we need to win to make it back to the playoffs,” junior defenseman Michael Greene said.

Within the Maryland Student Hockey League, only four teams from the Montgomery County division make the playoffs, so the team is still in playoff position but will need to win some key games down the stretch to secure their spot. The first of these games is against Richard Montgomery on Friday, January 11 at 10:20 p.m. at the Rockville Ice Arena.

0
1