WJ English teacher Jon Bos hit by car, in critical condition

English teacher Jon Bos. The beloved WJ teacher was struck by a car on Friday, March 13, and is currently in critical condition.

English teacher Jon Bos was struck by a car last Friday, March 13, and is currently in critical condition in the ICU at the University of Maryland Shock Trauma Center in Baltimore. Principal Jennifer Baker sent out an email to students and staff this morning informing them of his accident.

According to the email, Bos was run off the road Friday by another car while he was on his way to the grocery store.

“Jon Bos is a beloved member of the WJ community and has touched many lives over his years here. Please send his family all of your love and positive thoughts,” Baker said in the email.

In a GoFundMe set up by colleagues of Bos, there is addition information about Bos’ severe brain injury.

“On Monday his family learned more about the extent of brain injury from this accident. Jon has been diagnosed with a Diffuse Axonal Injury Grade 3. The implications of this severe injury are still to be learned over the next several crucial days,” the page explains.

Teachers and students in the WJ community are distraught by the news.

“He’s the type of teacher who always puts his students first,” senior Olivia Tetrault, who is in one of Bos’ AP Literature classes, said. “I know everyone in the WJ community is wishing the best for him and his family. He’s been such a kind person and is able to excite students with his passion for English.”

Other students echo Tetrault’s sentiment.

“Mr. Bos is a great example of someone who is able to connect with student culture. He’s a big part of WJ not just as a teacher, but as a figure among anything revolving around literature,” senior Damir Pimenov, another AP Literature student, said.

Staff and students anxiously await additional information regarding Bos’ condition.

1
0
$775
$1000