• The Pitch staff is on summer break and will resume publishing in September
  • The first day of school is Monday, August 26
  • Have a great summer!

WJ students take first, second in countywide video contest

Courtesy Montgomery County Department of Transportaiton
The “Heads Up Phones Down” video contest is an annual county wide campaign that allows students to create videos to spread awareness about pedestrian safety when walking around with a phone. Two WJ students succeeded in placing First and second in the individual portion of the contest.

The Montgomery County Department of Transportation has released this year’s winners of the “Heads up Phones Down” contest. The contest was put in place at schools county-wide to give students an opportunity to spread awareness about road safety in a fun and creative way. WJ freshmen Anjolaoluwa Adelke took the individual grand prize and fellow freshman Platon Tsislav took 1st runner up.

Adelke, who has been making music and music videos for some time, saw this opportunity to continue his passion in music making and bring awareness to a relevant issue in today’s society. “I like to make music and rap in my freetime, so I decided to do the same thing in this video,” Adelke said. “I wanted to spread awareness about pedestrian safety in a fun way.”

Tsislav had similar sentiments for submitting a video into the contest. “I am very passionate about film making, and I’ve been running a youtube channel making some videos. I saw this contest and I thought I could make a pretty good video,” Tsislav said.

Anjola Adelke’s “HUPD Music Video” (Grand Prize):

Platon Tsislav’s “Crossing the road” (First runner up):

0
0